1. Is there a map available to provide to the taxi?
Yes, please refer to the confirmation email sent to you on the 5th of March.
2. How do I get to the Plant tour?
Conference delegates attending the plant tour will be transferred by bus to the plant, and returned to the hotel afterward.
3. If I’ve made alternative accommodation arrangements, how will I get to the conference venue?
Directions to the hotel from any location will be available on request from the hotel Concierge at any time. Just a call them on +86 6248 0000
4. What is the weather like in Shanghai at the time?
Expect cool Spring weather in Shanghai, with temperatures averaging at between 6°C / 43°F (min) and 12°C / 54°F (max). Don’t forget your rain gear though as Spring showers are a usual occurrence.
5. What is the local currency and exchange rate?
The local currency is the Chinese Renminbi (RMB) also referred to as the Yuan (CNY).
1.00 RMB = 0.146482 USD
1.00 RMB = 0.107389 EUR
1.00 RMB = 0.162175 AUD
6. How and where do I book in?
Booking in will take place at the Hilton Shanghai hotel reception upon your arrival.
7. Will my dietary requirements be catered for?
Yes, please refer to your confirmation email.
8. Can I bring my partner along to the Hilton for accommodation?
Yes, your partner may join you for the TRACC gala dinner at no extra cost. Please ensure that you advise us by emailing your and your partner’s name to Angela at email@example.com.
Please note also that hotel accommodation is for your own account at the rate of RMB 1000 +15% tax (breakfast included) for single occupancy per day and an additional RMB 170 +15% for double occupancy.
9. Will there be things to occupy my partner’s time during the conference?
The Hilton Shanghai hotel is located at the city's former French Concession Quarters. It lies within walking distance of Shanghai's exclusive shopping streets, Nanjing Xi Lu and Huaihai Lu. Local attractions such as Jing'an Temple, Jing'an Park and the metro are also close by. The hotel itself also offers many amenities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, on-site dining, tennis and a whirlpool. Log on to the Hilton’s website for information on the on-site spa as well as other attractions.
10. Are all meals catered for or will they be for my own account?
Lunch will be catered for, for the duration of the conference, as will the gala dinner on the evening of the 10th of March. Delegates who have booked their accommodation at the Hilton will also receive breakfast.
11. Is there an internet connection at the venue, or in the hotel room?
Yes, every room is equipped with high-speed internet access.
12. What is the dress code for the gala dinner?
13. Is there a specific protocol for the dinner?
No, meet new people, interact with colleagues, network and have fun.
14. Can I bring my partner along to the gala dinner?
Yes, your partner may join you for the TRACC gala dinner at no extra cost. Please ensure that you advise us by emailing your and your partner’s name to Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
15. When will I be provided with a program?
The programme will be published on the website by the 5th of March.
16. Do I need to bring anything specific for the conference?
No, that won’t be necessary.
17. Will I be required to introduce my company or myself to the conference in general?
This will only be necessary if you choose to participate in any open discussions and forums.
18. Will I need any safety gear for the plant tour?
No, safety gear will be provided upon your arrival at the plant tour.
19. Will the conference be video-taped?
No, it will not.
20. Will there be a copy of the presentations for me to show my company upon my return?
Presentations will be downloadable from the TRACC website 10 days after the close of the conference and you will be advised of its upload via email.
21. Will all material be in English/Chinese?
Yes, it will.
22. Is it possible to attend only one day of the conference?
There is no separate rate for attending only one day of the conference; your attendance to any of the presentations however is up to your own discretion. Attendance at the plant tour is optional and available for a limited number of delegates at the additional cost of RMB 700.
23. Please explain the simultaneous translation delivery.
Presentations will be displayed on two screens, one in each language; the speakers’ words will be translated live and conveyed via a voice translation delivered through ear-phones.
24. Will the speaker presentations be provided in dual languages?
Yes, they will.
Should you have any further questions, please direct them to Choon Ee Tey at email@example.com